For the WLL Students:
If you are considering applying to a double major program please review the university regulations on the following website:
Currently, the Double Major Programs advisor at WLL is Assist. Prof. Başak Demirhan
Requirements to apply for a Double Major Degree:
- According to university regulations, the minimum GPA requirement is 3.00. (some departments might require a higher GPA, please check with individual departments).
- You need to have passed all your classes with a passing grade (No “F” on your transcript). If you have an F please repeat the class to get a passing grade.
- The earliest time you can apply to a double major program is the beginning of your third semester, and the latest is the beginning of your fifth semester.
- Check with individual departments for additional requirements. Some departments hold interviews and ask for a statement of purpose. Check the interview dates with the department that you are applying to.
To Complete Your Application:
- Please fill out the application form (“ÇAP Başvuru Formu”) and have it signed by both departments: https://fas.boun.edu.tr/tr/formlar/ogrenci-formlari. The form is available on the Arts and Sciences Faculty website, under “forms.”
- If you are accepted to a double major program, you need to register as a double major student at the Registrar’s Office (Kayıt İşleri) by submitting the form “ÇAP Kayıt Beyan Formu.” You can find the form here: http://ogrenciler.boun.edu.tr/Home/SubPage/universiteyekayit
After You are Accepted:
- You need to finish the program in 10 semesters (exclusive of one semester spent as an Erasmus student). If you join an Erasmus program, you can finish your degree in 11 semesters. This does not include summer schools.
- You will be assigned two academic advisors. (Başak Demirhan from WLL, and the double major advisor of your double major department).
- You need to maintain your 3.00 GPA, with the exception of one semester when it is allowed to go down as low as 2.90.